This page contains links to some investment related spreadsheets hosted on Google Drive that you might find useful.
The following spreadsheets don’t make any calculations, but contain useful data. You don’t need a Google account to access these:
- NZ Shares Index Fund Holdings
- Australian Shares ETF Holdings
- International Shares Index Fund Exposures
- Random Stuff
Make some calculations
The following are a few basic spreadsheets you can use to keep track of your investments or make some calculations. They are on Google Sheets, and to access them you’ll need to:
- First sign in to a Google account.
- Click the Copy Spreadsheet button for the relevant spreadsheet on this page to copy the sheet to your account.
- Now you can then freely edit the spreadsheet.
- NZ Shares Index Fund Portfolio Comparison
- International Shares Index Fund Portfolio Comparison
- KiwiSaver Fee Comparison
- Index Fund Annual Fee Comparison
- Sharesies vs ASB Securities vs Direct Broking Fee Calculator
- Simplicity vs InvestNow Fee Calculator
- Sharesies vs Hatch Fee Calculator
- Term Deposit Calculator
- NZ Dividend Calculator
- Share Tracker
- Portfolio Allocation
All spreadsheets are best viewed on a desktop or tablet
NZ Shares Index Fund Holdings
What companies are your NZ Shares Index Funds invested in? Compare the holdings and weightings of eleven different NZ Shares Index Funds issued by Smartshares, Simplicity, AMP Capital, and Kernel as at 30 September 2019.
Australian Shares ETF Holdings
See the holdings and weightings of six different Smartshares Australian Shares ETFs, as at 30 September 2019.
International Shares Index Fund Exposures
What countries are your International Shares Index Funds invested in? Compare the country and regional exposures of ten international shares index funds from Smartshares, AMP, and Vanguard. Simplicity’s Growth fund is in there for further comparison.
A spreadsheet for random bits and pieces of data. Currently contains:
- 6-month Term Deposit rate 1965-2019
- Market share of KiwiSaver providers
- AMP vs Vanguard Fee & Tax comparison
NZ Shares Index Fund Portfolio Comparison
Compare the characteristics (e.g. diversification, fees, dividend yield) of two hypothetical portfolios of NZ Shares Index Funds:
- Portfolio A – 100% invested into the Smartshares NZ Top 50
- Portfolio B – Invested into one or more funds of your choice and weightings, out of the Smartshares NZ Top 10, NZ Top 50, NZ Mid Cap, NZ Dividend, and NZ Property funds
International Shares Index Fund Portfolio Comparison
Compare the characteristics (e.g. geographical diversification, fees, dividend yield) of two hypothetical portfolios of International Shares Index Funds:
- Portfolio A – 100% invested into Smartshares Total World
- Portfolio B – Invested into one or more funds of your choice and weightings, out of the Smartshares Total World, US 500, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Emerging Markets funds
KiwiSaver Fee Comparison
Calculate and compare the annual fees of major the major KiwiSaver funds.
Index Fund Annual Fee Comparison
Calculate and compare the annual fees of different NZ Shares, International Shares, and Bond Index Funds from Smartshares, Simplicity, Vanguard, AMP Capital, and Kernel.
Sharesies vs ASB Securities vs Direct Broking Fee Calculator
Use this to perform a very rough calculation of the total cost of ownership when buying NZX shares through Sharesies compared with ASB Securities and Direct Broking.
Simplicity vs InvestNow Fee Calculator
Use this to calculate the fees that you’d pay on a DIY investment portfolio on InvestNow, and compare it to the fees you’d pay by investing in one of Simplicity’s funds. For more background, see my article Building an Investment Portfolio – Simplicity vs InvestNow.
Sharesies vs Hatch Fee Calculator
Use this to perform a very rough calculation of the fees that you’d pay by investing in domestic Smartshares ETFs on Sharesies, compared to the fees you’d pay by investing in US ETFs on Hatch.
Term Deposit Calculator
Use this to calculate and compare the after-tax returns from two term deposits, including PIE term deposits.
NZ Dividend Calculator
Use this to calculate the dollar amount you’ll receive in dividends, based on the number of shares you own. You’ll also need to input the company’s dividend payment data, which can be found on the NZX website e.g. Dividend data for Infratil can be found at https://www.nzx.com/instruments/IFT/dividends – replace IFT with the ticker code of the company you wish to check.
Use this to keep track of individual shares you own. It allows you to know how much capital gain/loss has been made, and keep track of dividends manually. You can also use this to track Smartshares ETFs. Just edit the ticker codes in column D.
Consider using Sharesight if you’re looking for a solution to track dividends automatically.
Use this to see how your investment portfolio is allocated to different assets, and calculate your total portfolio value.